Work is like my baby, I love knowing that I’m building something for myself and making bank. That being said, it’s also exhausting and stressful so I thought I’d share some of my favorite items that help keep me productive and on top of my day.
- Coffee: If you don’t drink, coffee do you even work? I’m obsessed with iced coffee it could be -10 degrees outside and I’ll still drink it iced. I typically make my own coffee with my Nespresso machine, I use the Vanizio coffee pods, and because I love it iced, I make it the night before and put it in the fridge so come the morning, my ice doesn’t melt in the hot coffee. Since I’m dairy free, I splash some almond milk in it and add some equal packets (yes I know they’re bad for me & no IDC, let me live), and that’s it! I’m also extremely particular about the type of cup my coffee is in, so this is the only cup I’ll drink it out of.
- My planner: I’m a planner freak. I have 10 million planners all for something different, and yes I use all of them. I’ve mentioned this before, if it’s not on paper I will 100% forget the task and It won’t get done, so I have to plan my day out, and list my to-do’s. My current planner is an A5 filofax ring bound system, it’s completely custom with inserts that fit my needs best. If you’d like a video or post on my planner let me know and I’ll go more in depth on it. I keep it in this Louis Vuitton desk agenda, because why not?
- iPad Pro: I’ve owned every version of the ipad and thought they were all pointless until I got the Pro and my life is forever changed. I use this for everything, I’m quite the multitasker so at times I have my ipad and my desktop in use. I love the pro because I can use two apps at once, which is the best feature ever & because there are some bomb apps I use for work. Some of my favorites are; Asana, Reminders app, Google Keep, and just the regular Apple notes app.
- Podcasts: Being in an office all day can get draining, so to keep me awake and get my mind moving I love listening to Podcasts. I listen from everything to true crime to health and wellness, and some Ladygang banter in between. I’m an avid podcast listener so if you’d like me to do a post dedicated to podcasts, LMK
- Time blocker: Ugh, I feel so basic for saying this because I feel like anyone who follows The Skinny Confidential has seen this mentioned a ton of times, but it honestly has changed my life. I wear a lot of different hats at work and constantly have multiple projects going on at once. This little cube is a game changer. It’s allowed me to prioritize my projects and block out time for each project so I don’t get overwhelmed or get stuck on one thing, and then have a crap ton to catch up on.
Ok that was a lot, but there you have it! What are your favorite items to get you through the day?